Wednesday, September 2, 2009


Happy September!

It's so great to start the Fall session at the YMCA - everyone did a FABULOUS job on Tuesday and I hope you all had a great time :-) Again the most important part of class I want to emphasize is to "Ditch the Workout, Join the Party" - because that's what my classes are all about, being carefree and dancing "like no one's watching". Please come to class with absolutely no worries and party your hearts out. Feel free to sing too, I do it every class (you just thankfully don't hear me)...

Here's the current playlist - I will keep it for another week, but soon I'll be rotating in some of my "classics". The majority of them are choreographed from the professionals at Zumba and are available only through particpation of the Zumba Instructor Network (ZIN). A few of them I choreographed myself ("Say Hey" and Evacuate the Dance Floor" available on iTunes) and as always, my warm-up and cool down. Just to note: my cool-downs are almost always the same choreography, just different songs, taken from my earlier college days in Reno, NV where I studied Jazz and Modern.

This routine for Fall 2009 is dedicated to all of the hard-working teachers in our children's lives who make education and learning a wonderful experience for them...THANK YOU - with all my heart:

ABC - Jackson 5 (We love ya, Michael :-))
19 de Noviembre - ZIN MegaMix 10 (Cumbia)
Latinos! - ZIN 22 (Salsa)
El Menenito - ZIN 20 (Flamenco)
Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti, Spearhead, Cherine Anderson (Pop/Reggae/HipHop
Boro Boro - ZIN 22 (Bollywood/Bellydance)
Move It Up - ZIN 22 (Reggaeton)
Solo Se Viva Una Ves - Zumba MegaMix 13 (Rhumba/Flamenco)
Evacuate the Dance Floor - Cascada (Pop Dance)
African Beats - ZIN 22 (African)
Bailadora - ZIN 22 (Samba)
Push Push Push - ZIN MegaMix 19 - (Cha Cha Cha)
Don't Stop - ZIN 22 (Samba)
More Than Words - Frankie J (Cool Down)
One Time - Justin Beiber (Cool Down)

Zumba has been a ginormous blessing in my life since I started teaching it in 2007. As a group fitness instructor for over 15 years, I think I finally found my "calling" in teaching fitness! I'm teaching FUN and DANCE! I have had the opportunity to meet wonderful people and develop the dearest friendships here in Toledo. My goal is to help you feel the joy that I've discovered in Zumba and of course, to meet all of your fitness goals (however, don't ask me anything about nutrition, my fave food is Pizza Hut's Pizza Rolls :-))

See ya at the Party! (Tue & Thurs @ 6:30, Perrysburg YMCA)
Myra :-)

No comments: