Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bring on the Zumba, baby!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I know it's been forever since I've posted anything, but so much has been going on since this semester started. I'm currently taking PSY 101 (BGSU wouldn't accept my credits from the last time I took it, 15 years ago) and SOC 220 - Cultural Diversity. Nina started a new preschool at the YMCA Enrichment Center and luckily she really enjoys it. Having her away for 5 days a week, 2 1/2 hours a day took an adjustment for her and I, but we're doing great. I now have ample time to study so I'm not such a stressball anymore, and the family is so grateful for that! I don't know how I pulled 2 B's last semester when I had only 5 hours a week to study. Also, I changed my major to Human Development/Family Studies and I think I found out what I want to be when I grow up...something in Family Crisis/Intervention or Family Education and Development. I'm so excited - I hope the job market is good in about 7years since it'll take me that long to finish!

A few weeks ago, Nina and I were *so* sick from the stomach flu and I don't think I've re-gained my scrappin' mojo since. I've been trying to be more proactive in life with other areas of my life, so that's a good thing. I do have a album project that I'm working on so I'll post that when it's done.

I'm not teaching as many Zumba classes this semester, which has been a VERY positive thing. My fibromyalgia has been flaring up lately and I've never caught up to speed since I took 2 weeks off during Christmas. Word of advice, don't take 2 weeks off unless you plan on at least walking for 20 minutes, every other day...do the minimum or you will die :-)

I will be posting what Zumba CD/choreography that I will be teaching each week so I just want to give a warm "WHAT'S UP" to my ladies at the Perrysburg YMCA and Dance Expressions studio. I have 10 routines - that's about 125 different songs in my mental rolodex (because I never write my dances down) so I'll be rotating those older dances until Spring Break (March 9)when I'll introduce new music and choreography. There are so many good songs from a latin pop star Fanny Lu that I just want to download her whole CD and make a dance up to each one! But seriously, I'm trying not to "re-invent the wheel" this semester and keep things very simple so that I can maintain a relative degree of sanity. I feel there's a majority out there that enjoy my "classics", so we're going to play them again and dance our hearts out!

So, Zumba ladies, watch for updates each Sunday to see what you'll be shakin' your thang to for the upcoming week.
See ya soon!

No comments: